What is this speech about ?
- An inspirational speech motivates an audience to improve personally, emotionally professionally or spiritually and relies heavily on emotional appeal.
- It brings the audience together in a mood of fellowship and shared desire, builds the audience’s enthusiasm, then proposes a change or plan and appeals to the audience to adopt this change or plan.
- This speech will last longer than your previous talks, so make arrangements in advance with your Vice President Education for extra time.
- To inspire the audience by appealing to noble motives and challenging the audience to achieve a higher level of beliefs or achievement.
- Appeal to the audience’s needs and emotions, using stories, anecdotes and quotes to add drama.
- Avoid using notes.
- Time: Eight to 10 minutes.
Resource from Toastmasters
Analyze your Audience
Ethos, Pathos and Logos of Public Speaking