What is this speech about ?
- Words are powerful. They convey your message and influence the audience and its perception of you.
- Word choice and arrangement need just as much attention as speech organization and purpose.
- Select clear, accurate, descriptive and short words that best communicate your ideas and arrange them effectively and correctly.
- Every word should add value, meaning and punch to the speech.
- Select the right words and sentence structure to communicate your ideas clearly, accurately and vividly.
- Use rhetorical devices to enhance and emphasize ideas.
- Eliminate jargon and unnecessary words. Use correct grammar.
- Time: Five to seven minutes.